There are lots of things to see in Rwanda. From the endangered mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park to chimpanzees in Nyungwe Forest National Park, there are amazing things to see during your holiday in Rwanda. The top attractions of the country are;
- See the rare Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda – a world’s most endangered species in Parc Nationale des Volcans (PNV)
- See the wild chimpanzees in the remote Nyungwe forest National park. The park is also home to 12 other primates species.
- Watch the large elephant herds as they gather in Akagera National park, one of the best parks for game watching.
Top Parks to Visit in Rwanda include;
- Akagera National Park
- Parc Nationale des Volcans (PNV)
- Nyungwe Forest National Park
Genocide Memorial Sites
The Genocide Memorial of Ntarama located 20 minutes away from the Nyamata memorial, is also worth visiting when in Rwanda. Before it was a church and later turned into a memorial of Nyamata when thousands of people were killed while in prayers during genocide, and was turned into national memorial genocide.
The church itself is similar to Nyamata, with victims’ clothing and remains visible to act evidence of what happened there, but Ntarama also has a peaceful memorial garden and wall labeled with names in the back of its compound. There are destination guide with clear information of exactly happened and visitor to these sites a advised to at least make donations renovation of these historical sites. There is also the National Museum of Butare and the genocide memorial of Kigali.